Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

We're on the move!

We are moving up in the world! On to bigger and better things!  We just finished moving to a new house in a brand new neighborhood!  In honor of the big move, we hosted a fabulous housewarming party!  Today I will share with you the details of our summer picnic themed party, including the scrumptious recipes I debuted just for the big day!  :)  The party was a smashing success and I am happy to share all of my inspiration with you just in time for the signature holiday of the summer: The Fourth of July


< The front of our new house all decked out for the party!  Cozy isn't it?   And that adorable little patio set?  Housewarming gift from the In-Laws. :)

> This is the banner I made to hang on our front porch.  It is made out of paper boxes, the very same ones I folded for our wedding favors.  (Hint: Future blog post topic, Folded Paper Boxes!  Check back soon!)

^ Ants!  Get it?  Cause it was a picnic themed party?  I am a big fan of party themes and I carry them throughout!  No detail is spared! My mother decorated these delectable little cupcakes with grass and ants because I was much too afraid.  Just weeks ago she gave my mother-in-law and I cake decorating lessons, but I was too timid to try my hand at cake decorating for the first time at this party.  I must practice more before I debut my new skill for party guests.  

.......................................................................................................................................................

  I saw this idea in a magazine and I knew that it was the perfect little detail I needed to add to my picnic theme!  I changed the color scheme and the ribbon around the cups and I think they turned out really nice.  It also made it easier for people to go sit out on the new deck while still being able to carry all of their necessary utensils!  




 




The Spread:
Meat and Cheese Tray
Fruit Kabobs
Fruit Dip
Tapioca Pudding
Cupcakes
Herb-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Garlic Baked Potato Wedges 
Punch
Assorted Candy

I hope this blog post gave you some inspiration for your own festive gatherings you have planned for this summer!  Check back tomorrow for the recipes for Garlic Baked Potato Wedges and Herb-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes! 

Until Tomorrow!

~Elise 

2 comments:

  1. We just finished moving to a new house in a brand new neighborhood! In honor of the big move, we hosted a fabulous housewarming party!

    Looks and sounds GREAT!

    Just weeks ago she gave my mother-in-law and I cake decorating lessons

    I must have pictures of the cake she made me for my confirmation; I'll ask her aunt.

    Check back tomorrow

    I hope you enjoy blogging! I've found it to be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wish I could have been there - Nunny told me all about it -because Jackie had told her. You have inspired me with great hosting ideas! Congrats on the new home.

    ReplyDelete