Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Good bye Hair... Hello Inspiration!

So, I ran out of shampoo the other day. This is one of the most annoying things ever! Once you are in the shower there is nothing you can do about the lack of shampoo. I had to put some water in the bottle and shake it around to make enough suds to squeeze one last serving out. There is no replacement for shampoo. The only choice you have is to go to the store. You always know you are about to run out of shampoo, but sometimes you just don't make it to the store before it actually happens. I was going to be getting my hair cut the next day so I really needed to get to the store soon! Shopping for shampoo is not my favorite thing to do. I do not like spending much money on something that I will be washing down the drain and it can't be too girly since Nick uses the same shampoo as I do. But beyond that, I really don't care what kind of shampoo I get as long as it works. All commercial shampoo is pretty much the same. I'm sick of it. I'm trying to avoid Walmart and there aren't many other places to get shampoo here in town. So... I have decided to make my own shampoo! I watch this show on WE tv called Downsized and it really got me thinking. They had an episode where the family made their own cleaning chemicals from recipes they found on the internet. So I looked on the internet for recipes for shampoo and I think I am going to give it a try! If it works out well maybe I will even sell some shampoo on Etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/skellybelly11 I have some really cute ideas for bottling my shampoo. But, for now I better get to ordering some ingredients! In the meantime, here are some pictures I know a few people have been interested in seeing! This was quite the "opposite" haircut. Recently I have been highlighting my hair very blonde but for this hair cut I went back to my natural hair color. I got at least 6 inches cut off, which was very short compared to my long hair. And... I got bangs! I haven't had bangs since the 4th grade! I'm still getting used to styling my hair but I do like the change. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment