Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Photo Shoot

                                   

 I caved... I bought some fabric from Walmart.... I hate shopping there!  I would much prefer to shop local and buy fabric at the quaint little fabric store here in town.  Remember their prices though?  Not so quaint!  I had some projects in mind and I just had to get started. 

My first project was to re-purpose this light blue button down that my sister-in-law gave me.  I wanted to turn it into a preppy cardigan. 

I bought half a yard of navy fabric and some buttons. The rest of the material I had at home. Check out the crest patch I added to the top! 
 My next project was this tank top.  It was a bright blue tank with ruffles on the top.  It had a drawstring at the bottom that I didn't like, so I cut that off.  Then I took more of that navy walmart fabric and added more ruffles!  So cute and summery!


I still had a little bit of navy fabric left over and it was exactly enough to make my 3rd project!  Like the necklace I'm wearing with both outfits?  Me too!

I made it by sewing a tube of fabric, turning it inside out, and stuffing it with Styrofoam balls.  Then I tied the balls in place and sewed up the ends so they would tie nicely. 




SO, in the end it was worth it.  I bought half a yard of walmart fabric and I got 3 new additions to my wardrobe!  Not too shabby!  :)

 








 My next Spring Break project was cloth napkins.  Nick and I registered for some green cloth napkins on our wedding registry and we absolutely love them!  However, the more I looked at them, the more I realized I could make them myself!  Having a sewing machine now made this project a reality.  I took off with it.


I was able to use scrap fabric I had

 around the house for two different sets of cloth napkins.  Both the red plaid and the blue plaid were just chunks of fabric I had lying around waiting for a purpose.


























These napkins were different.  I did have to buy
 the fabric for them but it was so worth it!  Easter is my absolute favorite holiday and these carrot napkins will be perfect for Easter dinner!  I made two different sizes.  Dinner napkins and cocktail/luncheon napkins.  I am in love with these napkins! :)


















 




 I had an amazingly productive Spring Break and I have been dying to share my progress with my readers!  So I hope you enjoy looking.  Let me know what you think!

Until Tomorrow,

~Elise








4 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. I love the 1st preppy project and the napkins. Are those carrot napkins in a permanent shape or can they come apart?

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh the button up turned out great...I want to see it in person! Glad you could get good use out of it!!!!!! XoXo- Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carrot napkins come apart. It was just a creative folding technique that makes them look carrot-y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your repurposed shirt into cardi is adorable!

    ReplyDelete