Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Knitting Club

I love to knit like an old married woman! :) Wednesdays are my knitting club days. I taught my mother-in-law, Nick's Grandma, and my brother-in-law's wife all how to knit and now we get together every Wednesday evening for a ladies night. See told ya! I am an old married woman! Today in knitting club I was helping my mother-in-law out with a scarf pattern that she had found a free pattern for at Michaels, see picture above. https://www.michaels.com/Loops-Threads%E2%84%A2-Country-Loom%E2%84%A2-Cables-and-Pom-Poms-Scarf/25864,default,pd.html She is knitting it with the same yarn they recommend in the pattern. I am working on one as well because I think it is a super cute pattern. However, I'm just using some black scrap yarn I had lying around. This goes with my resolve not to buy anymore yarn until I have knit all of the yarn in my stash... which is a lot! So, unless I knit everyday I won't be getting any new yarn until I'm 30. The only problem is, I don't really want to wear everything I make. I LOVE to knit, but I just don't accessorize much with knit scarves. They are growing on me, but at the rate I knit there is no way I could find outfits for all of these scarves. So, if you are interested in having any cozy warm scarves during these frigid months I suggest you check out my Etsy page! http://www.etsy.com/shop/skellybelly11 I will have more things up soon! I also do commissions, so if you like anything you see but want it in a different color, just ask! :) I have WAY too many scarves in this little apartment. NOW, I know you are probably curious how my bread turned out! And the good news is... it was a success!! I love the recipe and will definitely use it again. The only thing I will do different is I will not leave it in the fridge overnight. I had to go to work and then Nick and I went to a friends house to watch the Ohio State Bowl Game. (Go Buckeyes! Only cause Nick is sick of me not being a fan of any football team besides the Broncos...) The bread turned out well, just a little dense but it tastes good. Even though the recipe told me to wait to cut it until it was cool, I just couldn't!! But with my handy-dandy CUTCO bread knife, cutting it wasn't a problem! Gotta love wedding presents! :) Thanks again Sis! http://www.cutco.com/home.jsp Until Tomorrow, ~Elise

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're getting use out of the knives! ...to cut really funny-looking bread. :p But if it tastes good, that's all that matters, right?

    ReplyDelete