Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.2011: The Beginning

Happy New Year! Today is the first day of my new blog. Bring on 2011 and all the creativity and inspiration that will follow! A little bit about me... My name is Elise and I am a college senior. I am a management major with a communications studies minor. This past year I added even more to my plate and set out to plan my wedding. I got married on July 31st, 2010 to the love of my life, Nick, surrounded by our friends, family and all my handmade trinkets. It was a whirlwind wedding and because of it I now consider myself bitten by the wedding bug. I think I watch more wedding shows and read more wedding related articles now than I did when I was engaged. I LOVE weddings! Because I am a broke college student and I come from a middle-class family, I had a small wedding budget. To compensate, I had a Do It Yourself wedding. It was a lot of work, but I had tons of fun. Now that the pressure of my wedding is off I want to make this my business. I want to publish a DIY wedding magazine so brides like me can have the wedding they desire, no matter what their budget is. I am so excited about 2011! I have BIG plans and BIG dreams for this year! This is the year that I graduate college, turn 21, and make all the preparations to launch my wedding magazine in 2012! See told ya! Big Dreams! Some of my dreams will be achieved with a little help from the inspiration that comes from this time of year with all the New Year's resolutions. Here are the two of mine related to this blog. New Year's Resolutions: #4 Blog EVERYDAY #7 Do something everyday to further my career I have started approximately 5 blogs now and this will be the first one that I actually go through with. The act of blogging everyday will help me out with both of my New Year's resolutions stated above. As I blog everyday I will get practice with my writing skills for my future magazine and I will be able to track my progress on my goals. Finding something to blog about will help me further my career as I will have to research things to include in my blog for the day. I am very optimistic about this blog and I can't wait to come back a year from today and read all about my adventures! I hope you will join me on this journey of blogging, crafting, knitting, writing, cooking, and learning about what it really means to be married.

No comments:

Post a Comment