Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wedding Sunday!

Sunday, January 2, 2010 Today is Wedding Sunday on WE tv! It is a brand new year, which means a brand new season of David Tutera's My Fair Wedding. I have been watching re-runs of his show all day waiting in anticipation for the new episode coming on at 9/8c. When real life falls short, due to money, bad location, or poor taste.... David Tutera comes to the rescue! This, and all the other wedding shows WE tv shows, are my guilty pleasure. Ever since my wedding, I have become fascinated with everything wedding! My Fair Wedding is super fun to watch. He transforms their ENTIRE wedding! He takes these crazy wedding concepts and makes them glamorous, tasteful, and sophisticated. The next show that premiered today was on a completely different plane. Rich Bride, Poor Bride is about the wedding planning process and how couples have to compromise and adjust based on budget, family expectations, and location factors. It is scary to see how much real people spend on their weddings! I consider my wedding magazine and my overall wedding inspiration to be somewhere in between these two shows. I believe in having a realistic wedding budget and living within your means, but I also think that weddings need to be exactly what the bride wants. Sophistication and glamour need to be maintained. This, I deem to be, the basis of my Do It Yourself wedding magazine. Watching WE tv is very inspiring and also very entertaining. I do consider it to be research and inspiration for my future wedding business. However, that would be silly of me to think that was good enough. I have checked out quite a few books from the library to get more information about developing, creating, and publishing my own magazine. I want to do this correctly. I'm not one to go into projects without proper researching and planning. It's not as easy, though, to read all these books as it is to watch tv. This is the pile of books that I have read.... This is the pile of books I have yet to read... As you can see, I have a lot of research to do. Luckily this is my passion, and just like my wedding, I love every minute of the planning process! Until Tomorrow, ~Elise~

1 comment:

  1. Don't Throw It Out - I could have written that book! :p

    ReplyDelete