Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shampoo Endeavors

Well, I gave it my best shot. I did try to make my own shampoo. The recipe and the process was actually kinda cool... However, the final product was not very effective. I washed my hair with it yesterday and it was not a good shampoo. It was really runny, it never thickened up. If I let it sit it always separated out into layers. It did smell really good though. I used a peppermint soap for it and the teas that I used to brew in it were Peppermint, Green Tea, and Constant Comment. I don't know how I feel about my hair smelling like Peppermint though... Much better as a breath mint than a shampoo I think! I am still excited however, because the squirt tops I ordered for the Snapple bottles fit!!!! They fit PERFECTLY! They are a snug fit and don't leak at all! Plus, they look nice. I love the cork top! Which means I can still recycle the Snapple bottles into other uses! Who knows, maybe I will try to make my own body lotion next! :) Until Tomorrow, ~Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment